Ceanothus 'Trewithen Blue', the California Lilac, a wonderful small evergreen tree which is covered in masses of pale blue flowers in early summer. It is tolerant of exposed and coastal conditions as long as it is in full sun. Little maintenance is required except a light trim once the flowers have faded. Thus makes an excellent all-rounder for the smaller garden. RHS Award of Garden Merit.
- Position: Full sun to part-shade
- Soil: All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering
- Eventual Size: After 10 years, height: up to 6 metres, spread up to 6 metres, but can be pruned
- Habit: Fast growing, evergreen small tree with masses of pale blue flowers
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Common Names: Californian lilac 'Trewithen Blue'
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Mrs M on 9 Feb 2018
I've ordered a few things from Big Plant Nursery even with delivery costs it still works out cheaper than my local nursery. Really big, healthy ceanothus and it has put on new growth already (in middle of Feb) having only been in the ground a few weeks. Highly recommended
Bob Gill on 9 Apr 2016
very pleased with the plants and the packaging and delivery