Cotinus coggygria 'Royal Purple', Smoke bush. Deciduous, bushy tree or shrub with oval, deep purple leaves, turning red in autumn. Pink coloured, plume-like inflorescences, giving a smoke like effect. Height 3m. Spread 3m. Flowers from June to July. Hardy. Planting instructions Back-fill with soil mixed with compost and suitable fertilizer.
- Eventual Size: 3m x 3m metres but can be pruned
- Position: Full sun to part shade
- Foliage: Round, purple leaves
- Habit: Bushy large deciduous shrub
- Soil: Well-drained or moist but well-drained
- Common Names: Smoke tree 'Royal Purple' and Rhus cotinus
Prefers to be planted in full sun, happy in most reasonable garden soils, add good compost when planting and mulch in the autumn. remove unwanted branches in spring.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Kerry Anne on 22 Jun 2017
Super healthy plant, highly recommend, would use again.