During June-July you’ll be delighted by a stunning display of intense, bright-yellow, pea-like flowers which stand upright above the silky foliage; their fragrance is sensational. The sweet, heady pineapple scent brings a wonderful sense of the exotic and Cytisus battandieri ‘Yellow Tail’ deserves a spot in the garden where it can be enjoyed. Not only are the flowers attractive to us humans, but also butterflies and bees.
As you may expect, given the origins of this plant, Cytisus battandieri ‘Yellow Tail’ requires a sheltered spot in full sun. It will tolerate most soils except those which are waterlogged and is hardy in the UK. We recommend pruning immediately after flowering to maintain a lovely dense form. Ultimately Cytisus battandieri will reach up to three metres however it can be pruned.
- Eventual Size: Up to 3 metres, but can be pruned
- Position: Full sun, sheltered does well against sunny walls
- Foliage: Semi-evergreen
- Habit: Fast growing, semi-evergreen small tree with an open habit
- Soil: All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering
- Plantgroup: Shrubs/Trees
- Plant type: Shrub, solitary
- Flowering period: May
- Colour (flower): Yellow
- Colour (leaf): Green, silver, white
- Hardiness: -10 °C - -15 °C
- Common Names: Pineapple Broom, Argyrocytisus battandieri 'Yellow Tail'
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.