A lot of love and time was devoted to the development of Cotinus coggygria Dusky Maiden. The result is a strong Cotinus with stunning foliage and an exceptionally bushy, well-branched growth habit. Peter Moore, breeder of Dusky Maiden, spent more than a decade on this cross between Cotinus szechuanensis and Cotinus coggygria ‘Velvet Cloak’. One striking feature of Dusky Maiden is its bushy, well-branched growth. Unlike other Cotinus varieties, Dusky Maiden will not get leggy and stays more compact. It responds very well to pruning. It will reach a height and width of ca. 150 cm.
- Position: Full sun to part shade
- Soil: Well-drained or moist but well-drained
- Eventual Size: 1.5m x 1.5m metres but can be pruned
- Habit: Bushy deciduous shrub
- Foliage: Round, purple leaves
- Common Names: Smoke bush 'Dusky Maiden'
Prefers to be planted in full sun, happy in most reasonable garden soils, add good compost when planting and mulch in the autumn. remove unwanted branches in spring.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.