Aucuba japonica longifolia is a versitile and reliable and hardy evergreen shrub. As with all Aucubas, it boasts beautiful glossy green leaves and is tolerant of shade making it a useful addition to the back of a border or particularly difficult shady areas of the garden.
As the name suggests, Aucuba japonica longifolia boasts long, narrow and glossy leaves in a rich green hue. It's unfussy about soil providing it's not waterlogged and once established you can expect beautiful vivid red berries providing there is a male plant nearby for pollination.
- Position: full shade to sun
- Soil: most soils except waterlogged or chalky
- Eventual Size: 2.5 metres, but can be pruned
- Habit: medium-sized evergreen shrub of compact habit with narrow, bright green leaves
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Common Names: long-leaved spotted laurel
Plant using a mix of food compost with your garden soil, water in thoroughly. Pruning usually not necessarary but if desired cut back shoots to above the leaf bud in May.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.