Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' is a heavily speckled form of this bushy, rounded, suckering, evergreen shrub with leathery, glossy, deeply-lobed, dark green and creamy-white leaves. Clusters of small white flowers in autumn are followed by black fruit. The colouration of this fatsia make it perfect for adding light to a dull area with beautiful foliage. Eventual height 1.5-2 metres, slightly slower growing than the green fatsia. Evergreen, plant out of cold winds in good fertile soil. Will tolerate shaded positions although the jury is out to how light levels give more or less variegation!
- Position: full shade to part shade tolerant of windy and coastal positions
- Soil: most soils except waterlogged or chalky
- Eventual Size: up to 2 metres, but can be pruned
- Habit: rounded evergreen shrub with large, glossy variegated foliage
- Foliage: Evergreen, Variegated
Also see: Fatsia japonica
- Common Names: Speckled Japanese aralia
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.