Brown Turkey' is a large deciduous shrub with bold, deeply lobed leaves and insignificant flowers followed by edible fruit to 10cm in length, at first green, but purplish when ripe. Usually one crop of fruit per year, but sometimes two in a hot summer or under protection
- Position: full sun, sheltered
- Soil: all soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering
- Eventual Size: up to 4 metres, but can be pruned
- Habit: Bushy
- Foliage: Deciduous
- Fruit: Usually one crop of fruit per year, but sometimes two in a hot summer or under protection
- Common Names: Fig 'Brown Turkey'
In March remove a proportion (1/4 to 1/3) of older branches
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.