This beautiful, compact deciduous shrub comes up trump throughput the seasons - fragrant, cream coloured bottle brush flowers in the spring are followed by attractive blue green soft foliage through summer and then an autumn show of reds and oranges before the leaves fall. Happy in sun/part shade in fertile free draining soil.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, leafy, moist but well-drained soil
- Eventual Size: 1.5m x 1m (height/spread)
- Habit: low-maintenance, deciduous shrub
- Common Names: American wych hazel, Dwarf alder
- Other names: Fothergilla gardenii 'Blue Shadow', Fothergilla major 'Blue Shadow'
Plant with ericaceous compost, water in well. Top mulch in winter. Prune after flowering only if needed.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.