A new improved variety of calcycanthus brings wonderful fragrance to the beautiful deep red flowers. Flowers from mid- summer onwards, makes a fabulous shrub for a sheltered site in sun/part shade. Eventual height 2.5m, hardy deciduous with green glossy leaves.
- Eventual Size: 2.5m
- Position: Full sun/part shade
- Foliage: Large, simple ovate leaves
- Habit: Bushy
- Soil: Most soils except waterlogged or chalky
- Plantgroup: Shrubs/Trees
- Plant type: Shrub, solitary, in group
- Flowering period: June, July, August
- Colour (foliage): Green
- Colour (flower): Red
- Hardiness: -20 °C
- Flowers: Fragrant
- Common Names: Sweetshrub 'Aphrodite'
Plant with a good quality compost in a sheltered position, water in well and as needed until well established. Prune if required in autumn when flowers have subsided
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.