Narihira is a stunning variety of Mahonia with clusters of yellow flower spikes in late summer followed by blue/ black berries. The evergreen narrow leaves are soft to touch and hold their lush green appearance thrugh the winter. Grow in full shade/ part sun in fertile, free draining soil.
- Eventual Size: 1.5m x 1m (height/spread)
- Position: full sun to full shade
- Habit: compact, evergreen shrub
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to October
- Flower colour: bright yellow
- Other features: the flowers are followed by spherical, blue berries
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Common Names: 'Mountain Grape'
Plant with good quality compost in fertile, free draining soil. prune after flowering if necessary and top mulch with compost in winter/early spring.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.