This vase shaped, deciduous shrub is covered in masses of fiery orange flowers infused with rich copper-orange tones from January to February, giving welcome winter interest as well as sweet fragrance. Flowers are followed by soft green, hazel shaped leaves during summer before turning red, orange and yellow giving a stunning display of autumn colour. This generous and hardy shrub is ideal for a sheltered spot in sun or part shade.
- Family: Hamamelidaceae
- Type: Deciduous
- Position: sheltered spot in sun or part shade.
- Soil: any fertile, moist soil neutral to acid not dry or alkaline
- Eventual Size: height 4m x spread 4m after 10 years
- Growth Rate: slow-growing
- Habit: broad-crowned vase-shaped open habit
- Flower: fragrant fiery orange spidery flowers in mid and late winter
- Flowering period: January to February
- Foliage: deciduous, green broadly oval leaves that turn orange, red and yellow in autumn
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Common Names: Witch Hazel 'Jelena',
Hamamelis x intermedia hybrids are crosses between Japanese with hazel (Hamamelis japonica) and Chinese witch hazel (Hamamelis mollis)
Plant in fertile, free draining soil in a sheltered spot in sun/part shade. Use a good compost when planting. Prune, if necessary affter flowering or alternatively, cut sprigs of flowers and bring into the house and enjoy the fragrance.
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena'
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Feuerzauber'Witch Hazelfrom £ 59.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Orange Beauty'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Pallida'Witch Hazelfrom £ 59.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ruby Glow'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Westerstede'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
No reviews yet.