Hamamelis x intermedia 'Westerstede'
Abundant clusters of bright yellow spider-like flowers appear in mid and late winter emitting a sweet fragrance. Broad oval green leaves turn amazing shades of orange, red and yellow in Autumn. Height and spread of 3.5m x 3.5m in 10-20 years. Westerstede witch hazel originates from Friesland in Germany
- Type: Deciduous
- Position: sheltered spot in sun or part shade.
- Soil: any fertile, moist soil neutral to acid not dry or alkaline
- Eventual Size: height 3.5m x spread 3.5m after 10 years
- Growth Rate: slow-growing
- Habit: broad-crowned vase-shaped open habit
- Flower: fragrant bright yellow spidery flowers in mid and late winter
- Flowering period: January to February
- Foliage: deciduous, green broadly oval leaves that turn orange, red and yellow in autumn
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Common Names: Witch Hazel 'Diane', Hamamelis × intermedia 'New Red'
Hamamelis x intermedia hybrids are crosses between Japanese with hazel (Hamamelis japonica) and Chinese witch hazel (Hamamelis mollis)
Prefers fertile, free draining soil in sun/part shade. Plant with a good quality compost pruning if desired after flowering or cut and enjoy a few sprigs in the house. Remove suckers.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Feuerzauber'Witch Hazelfrom £ 59.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Orange Beauty'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Pallida'Witch Hazelfrom £ 59.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Ruby Glow'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Arnold Promise'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
Hamamelis x intermedia 'Jelena'Witch Hazelfrom £ 34.50
No reviews yet.