Deservedly popular, 'Vanille Frais' is a very pretty hydrangea with prolific flower cones made up of white flowers becoming pink and red tinged ice cream effect flowerheads on upright stems. Flowers last throughout the summer right into autumn. Large dark green leaves, height 1.2m, spread 1.5m, hardy, deciduous. Thrives in all soils except waterlogged, in most sunny/part shaded positions, will tolerate southerly wind and coastal situations, avoid cold northerly winds. Excellent choice for many situations including cottage, pairie or formal gardens and will make a strong addition to a shrub border.
- Position: Full sun/Part shade
- Soil: Most fertile/well drained soils
- Eventual Size: 2.5m (Height) x 1.5m (Spread)
- Habit: Bushy
- Foliage: Deciduous, dark green leaves
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Common Names: Hydrangea 'Vanille Frais', paniculate hydrangea [Vanille Fraise], Hydrangea paniculata 'Hp100'
Prune to at least one third in spring, mulch well in the autumn.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.