Magnolia 'Amethyst Flame'
A beautiful, rare, compact hybrid that produces magenta, violet flowers in the spring followed by dark green, ovate leaves and the odd flower throughout the summer. Makes a beautiful strong, upright, goblet shaped tree. Deciduous, hardy, medium sized. Plant in a sheltered site away from cold northerly winds in full sun/part shade. 2m high after 10 years.
- Position: full sun/part shade
- Soil: any fertile, moist soil, not dry or alkaline
- Eventual Size: 3m after 10 years
- Habit: upright, goblet shaped
- Foliage: deciduous, green
- Common Names: Magnolia 'Amethyst Flame'
Plant in fertile soil with good compost added, top dress in winter. Pruning not necessary.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.