A rare and beautiful compact hybrid of M.liliiflora x M.'Vulcan' that will flower from a young age with a shrub like growth habit with upright growing branches. Produces stunning magenta-violet flowers in the spring which are followed by dark green, ovate leaves and the odd flower throughout the summer. Forms a beautiful strong, upright, goblet shaped tree. Deciduous, hardy, medium sized Magnolia. Plant in a sheltered site away from cold northerly winds in full sun/part shade. 3m high after 10 years.
- Family: Magnoliodeae
- Type: Deciduous
- Position: full sun/part shade
- Soil: any fertile, moist soil, not dry or alkaline
- Eventual Size: 2m - 3m after 10 years
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Habit: upright, compact, goblet shaped
- Flower: Spring flowers are a rich reddish violet
- Foliage: deciduous, dark green
- Common Names: Magnolia 'Amethyst Flame', Vance Hooper Hybrid, M.liliiflora x M.'Vulcan'
Click here to see all Magnolia
Plant in fertile soil with good compost added, top dress in winter. Pruning not necessary.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.