A rounded shrub/small tree that is covered in very pale pink, lilac flowers in spring before the green, ovate leaves emerge. The flowers are lightly scented and very pretty with up to 12 narrow petals. Can be grown as a shrub or small tree in a sheltered position. Hardy, sun/part shade. Most fertile, free draining soil.
- Position: full sun/part shade
- Soil: fertile, free draining
- Eventual Size: 4-8m after 20 years
- Habit: rounded shrub/small tree
- Foliage: deciduous, ovate green leaves
- Common Names: magnolia 'Leonard Messel'
Grows in most fertile, well drained soils but good compost must be added if planting in chalky soils. Very tolerant of clay and pollutants, needs little care except a good mulch in the winter. Pruning not usually needed.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.