Magnolia 'Solar Flair'
A later flowering cross between brooklyensis 'Woodman' and 'Gold Star', with gorgeous primrose yellow flowers having a pale pink base emerging from pale green buds - truely lovely. Will eventually reach 4 - 5 metres, having an open, rounded habit. Hardy, prefers full sun/part shade in a sheltered spot. Grows in most fertile, well drained soil, tolerant of heavy clay and pollution, if your soil is chalky add plenty of humus rich compost.
- Position: full sun/dappled shade, sheltered
- Soil: fertile, free draining
- Eventual Size: 5m after 20 years
- Habit: straight trunk, pyramidal shape
- Foliage: green, ovate leaves. Deciduous
- Common Names: Solar flair
Click here to see all Magnolia
Plant in a sunny spot away from cold, drying winds with a good quality compost. Add mulch each year to the base.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.