Magnolia 'Black Tulip'
Fabulous burgandy purple, rounded flowers will ensure this magnolia becomes a must have variety, a simply stunning specimen for the spring garden. Dark green, ovate deciduous leaves, has an upright bushy habit with a height of 4 metres after 10 years. Grows in most fertile, moist soils in a sheltered position out of cold, drying winds.
- Family: Magnoliodeae
- Type: Deciduous
- Position: full sun/part shade
- Soil: any fertile, moist soil, not dry or alkaline
- Eventual Size: 3m - 4m after 10 years
- Growth Rate: moderate
- Habit: upright, compact, goblet shaped
- Flower colour: burgandy purple in spring flowers
- Flowering Period: Spring
- Foliage: deciduous, dark green
- Seasonal Interest: Spring
- Maintenance: low
- Common Names: Magnolia Black Tulip ('Jurmag1') (PBR), Magnolia × soulangeana 'Black Tulip', Black Tulip magnolia, Magnolia × soulangeana 'JURmag1'
Click here to see all Magnolia
Grows in most fertile, well drained soils but good compost must be added if planting in chalky soils. Very tolerant of clay and pollutants, needs little care except a good mulch in the winter. Pruning not usually needed.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.