Phormium tenax 'Alison Blackman', New Zealand Flax is a fantastic architectural plant. The boldly coloured leaves, olive green with a cream stripe and lovely orange margin, ( a great phormium for all colour schemes !) reach around 1.5 metres in height and spread. As with all New Zealand flaxes, it is tolerant of coastal conditions and exposed sites. They don't mind growing in pots and are very easy to maintain. Best sited in a sunny position and free-draining soil.
- Position: full sun tolerant of windy and coastal positions
- Soil: all free-draining soils and good in pots
- Eventual Size: up to 1.5 metres
- Habit: stocky evergreen plant, stunning architectural shape, great colour.
- Common Names: New Zealand flax
Eventual size after 10 years