A spectacular evergreen shrub which produces white lily of the valley like flowers in spring followed by stunning pink and red new growth. Forest Flame is one of the larger members of the family growing 2m or more high. Happy in full sun to part-shade and best planted in fertile slightly acidic soil
- Foliage Colour: Red, Pink, White, Green
- Flower Colour: White
- Habit: Bushy, Compact, Rounded, Evergreen
- Sunlight: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Position: Sheltered
- Facing: East-facing or South-facing or West-facing
- Rate of Growth: Slow-growing
- Time to Ultimate Height: 10-20 Years
- Eventual Height: 4m
- Evenetual Spread: 2m
- Soil: Well-drained moist, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Flowering Period: March - May
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Common Names: Pieris floribunda 'Forest Flame'
Planting instructions Back-fill with soil mixed with peat and a suitable fertiliser.
Plant in full sun to semi shade in fertile slightly acidic soil. Add ericaceous compost when planting, top-dress with fertilizer and keep well watered until established
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.