Pieris japonica 'Ralto' is a medium sized, evergreen shrub with glossy dark green leaves with margins of creamy white/yellow. Clusters of vivid pink-red flowers in spring. Height 0.7m, Spread 0.7m. It prefers a good, rich acidic soil in partial shade where it makes a fantastic specimen. Water well until established.
- Foliage Colour: Variegated Foliage Green/Yellow
- Flower Colour: Red/Pink
- Habit: Bushy, Compact, Rounded, Evergreen
- Sunlight: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Position: Sheltered
- Facing: East-facing or South-facing or West-facing
- Rate of Growth: Slow-growing
- Time to Ultimate Height: 10-20 Years
- Eventual Height: 70cm
- Evenetual Spread: 70cm
- Soil: Well-drained moist, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Flowering Period: March to May
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Common Names: pieris 'Valley Valentine'
- Also Known As: Pieris taiwanensis 'Valley Valentine'
Planting instructions Back-fill with soil mixed with peat and a suitable fertiliser.
Plant in full sun to semi shade in fertile slightly acidic soil. Add ericaceous compost when planting, top-dress with fertilizer and keep well watered until established
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.