Photinia Red Robin is an upright, evergreen shrub with dark green leaves which are bright red when young. This variety was first raised in New Zealand. Small white flowers are sometimes followed by bright red fruit. Tolerant of most soils and conditions, doing equally well in a sunny or shady spot. Makes an excellent container plant, hedge or specimen for the garden.
- Position: full sun to part shade sheltered or exposed
- Soil: well-drained or moist but well-drained
- Eventual Size: 2.5 - 4 metres, but can be pruned
- Habit: dense medium-sized evergreen bushy shrub of erect habit
- Foliage: evergreen, glossy, elliptic leaves red when young maturing to dark green
- Hardiness: hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters (-15 to -10)
- Common Names: Christmas berry 'Red Robin'
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.