The 'Portugal Laurel' is a small to medium to large-sized evergreen tree with glossy, dark green, ovate leaves on red stalks
Creates nice winter colour with the reddish stalks.
Tree can be shaped for more informal effect and is suitable for container growing
Produces very attractive, small, white, hawthorn scented flowers in June/July, carried in long slender racemes, followed by egg-shaped, fleshy, deep purple fruits. Good for screens, hedges.
Also known as: Cherry bay, Portuguese laurel
- Position: full sun or dappled shade
- Soil: suitable for most well drained soils
- Eventual Size: mature height (after ten years): 20m high,15m spread
- Habit: small to medium to large-sized evergreen tree, hardy and adaptable
- Foliage: evergreen, bushy
- Common Names: Portugal Laurel
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.