Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' The Black Elder. The lacy, finely-cut foliage is darker than Black Beauty. The wonderful foliage is accented by creamy pink flowers in spring that turn into purple black berries in autumn for the fall. Berries are ideal for home-made jams and wines.
It's a fast growing, deciduous tree, it will thrive in even the toughest soil conditions an ideal choice for any garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade
- Soil: Any well drained garden soil
- Eventual Size: Mature size (after 20 years): 4m high, 3m spread
- Habit: Grows to be a medium sized, upright shrub
- Foliage: Black, dissected foliage
- Also known as: Sambucus nigra f. porphyrophylla 'Eva', Elder
- Common Names: Black Elder
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.