A new variety of 'Christmas Box', a cross between humilis and Purple Stem, having larger leaves and red buds opening to very sweetly fragrant white flowers from February to April followed by red berries that ripen to black. An upright, dense shrub, 1.5m x 1.5m, evergreen, hardy and excellent for shady areas. Plant out of cold drying winds where you can enjoy the exotic scent on a gloomy winter day. grows happily in a pot or in any fertile, well drained soil.
- Eventual Size: 1.5 m
- Position: prefers part shade
- Foliage: ovate, glossy dark green, evergreen
- Habit: dense, bushy, tidy
- Soil: fertile, well drained soil
- Common Names: Christmas Box
mulch with well rotted compost, pruning not necessary.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.