Bright, indigo violet blue panicles of flowers cover this evrgreen shrub from April onwards contrasting beautifully againsy the glossy, dark green leaves. This is one of the taller ceanothus and can reach 3m high in ideal conditions. The flowers attract many bees and insects adding further interest to this attactive shrub. Plant away from cold drying winds in full sun, can be used as a specimen shrub, as part of a scheme and is very happy in coastal gardens. Tolerates most fertile, free draining soil.
- Position: full sun/part shade away from northerly winds
- Soil: fertile, free draining
- Eventual Size: 3m after 10 years
- Habit: bushy, spreading
- Foliage: evergreen, dark green leaves
- Common Names: californian lilac 'Victoria'
Plant out of northerly winds with good quality compost. Prune after flowering if desired.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.