Forsythia koreana 'Kumsum'
This wonderful variety of Forsythia still has the spectacular display of bright yellow flowers in spring against red stems, however unlike the usual varieties, 'Kumsum' has the most attractive two-toned leaves with creamy veins tracing their pattern across each leaf, making this a most attractive summer shrub. Flowers in March/April, most good, welll drained soils, sun/part shade. Height 1.5m, spread 1.5m. Hardy, deciduous.
- Position: full sun/part shade
- Soil: any good/well drained soil
- Eventual Size: 1.5m
- Habit: upright, slightly spreading
- Foliage: green with cream variegation
- Common Names: Golden Bells
Avoid excessive pruning, every few years, shorten some of the most mature branches.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.