Trithrinax campestris, the Blue Needle Palm, is an awesome palm from Argentina which produces incredibly stiff, blue-grey leaves atop a stout, spiky bleached trunk, making this one of the most impressive palms we are able to grow in the U.K. We have a large specimen planted Bat our nursery growing on heavy clay soil that is flourishing, shrugging off the last 2 cold winters with no damage to it's leaves. This palm is essential to all lovers of hardy exotics and architectural plants.
- Position: Full sun tolerant of salt and wind
- Soil: All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas drought tolerant once established
- Eventual Size: Up to 4 metres tall, about 2 metres wide
- Habit: Stocky, stout trunk with stiff blue foliage
- Common Names: Blue Needle Palm and Caranday Palm
Plant in full sun in good quality free draining soil.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Andy Lee on 23 May 2016
Fantastic healthy looking plants, thanks for your advice!