A particularly lovely shrub with abundant, most attractive flowers from May. The round heads are made up of masses of trumpet shaped flowers, lime green in bud turning cream then pure white as they open. Leaves are toothed and bright green, turning red and yellow in autumn. Can be grown as a specimen shrub or in a mixed border, will reach 3-4 metres high with a similar spread but can be pruned The flowers are very popular with flower arrangers. Hardy, deciduous. An RHS Perfect For Pollinators plant.
- Position: ful sun/part shade
- Soil: fertle, well drained Prefers neutral/slightly acidic
- Eventual Size: 3-4 metres
- Habit: upright, bushy
- Foliage: bright green, red/yellow in autumn
- Common Names: Snowball tree and guelder rose
Pruning not necessary but after flowering if desired. Mulch in winter.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.