Fargesia denudata is a fabulous, clump-forming bamboo. This fargesia has characteristic arching, pale green turning to olive green canes and masses of tiny, fresh green leaves. The new canes emerge with a powdery grey bloom and make a spectacular statement in the garden. It will not grow huge and is happy in a shady position in most soils.
An easy bamboo to grow. Still a rare plant probably because it is so clump forming and therefore slow to propagate, which is a shame because it should be seen more often.
- Position:Shade to part shade out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Eventual Size:Up to 3 metres, but can be pruned.
- Habit:Dense/Arching/Clump forming/Non-invasive.
- Common Names:Denudata bamboo.