This is one of the most upright Fargesias, with lovely dull green straight canes and slightly larger leaves than Fargesia robusta. The emerging culms are a startling green and show up well against the white culm sheaths in the spring.
This bamboo will reach up to 10 feet in height and is a well-behaved, elegant, clump former which will not mind growing in a shady spot.
- Position:Full sun to part shade out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Eventual Size:Up to 4 metres, but can be pruned.
- Habit:Upright/Clump forming/Non-invasive.
- Common Names:Robusta bamboo.