Ginkgo biloba ‘Barabits Nana’ is a striking compact dwarf ginkgo cultivar, selected by Dr. Elemer Barabits in Hungary. Ginkgo biloba ‘Barabits Nana’ naturally grows in a compact bush like habit with larger than typical ginkgos deep green leaves. The large leaves are produced in profusion creating a very ornamental effect. Ginkgo biloba ‘Barabits Nana’ can also be easily pruned and lends itself beautifully as a magnificent large bonsai like specimen either planted in the garden or grown as a container plant.
As with all ginkgos Ginkgo biloba ‘Barabits Nana’ the leaves turn a bright butter yellow in autumn before leaf drop. For those of you that like to know whether you have a male of female ginkgo, Ginkgo biloba ‘Barabits Nana’ is a male form.
- Position:Full sun to full shade out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Eventual Size:2 metre high, 2m wide.
- Foliage:Dark green, fan shaped leaves turning gold in autumn.
- Common Names:Maidenhair Tree 'Barabits Nana'.