Sasaella masamuneana 'Albostriata' also known as Sasaella glabra Albostriata, fuiri-shiiya-zasa or the white-striped hairy bamboo. This particular type of bamboo is clump forming and very hardy. This low growing evergreen bamboo has brightly coloured green and white/creamy yellow leaves giving it a unique look. Canes are thin and can reach heights of up to 2 metres. Suitable for container growing and is an excellent ground cover bamboo (We recommend using: Bamboo Root Barrier)
- Exposure: Full Sun/Partial Shade/Full Shade
- Foliage: Evergreen variegated white/cream/yellow and green striped
- Habit: Clump-forming
- Origin:Japan (Honshu)
- Growth rate: Medium to fast
- Use: Ground Cover, Containers
- Eventual height: 1.0m-1.5m (5-10 years)
- Eventual spread: 1.5m-2.5m (5-10 years
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK -15 to -10
- Common name: White-striped hairy bamboo, fuiri-shiiya-zasa
It is best to cut back to the ground each year (in early spring) to reinvigorate growth
We recommend using: Bamboo Root Barrier for this bamboo as it will spread unless the roots are contained.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.