An exciting new cultivar with stunning purple, almost black leaves. This is one of the more compact Phormiums with an elegant weeping habit. It may be grown in a container or, in a mixed border. Phormium 'Platt's Black' will provide excellent contrast against grasses, or plants with silvery, bright foliage. As with all Phormiums this will tolerate coastal conditions and is another very worthy variety to include in a jungly, tropical themed scheme. Will require fertile, free draining soil and will reach up to 1m in height and spread.
- Eventual Size: Up to 1 metres height and spread
- Position: Full sun tolerant of windy and coastal positions
- Habit: Stocky evergreen plant, stunning architectural shape, great colour.
- Soil: All free-draining soils and good in pots
- Common Names: Black New Zealand flax
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.