Agave Americana is a beautiful slow-growing structural plant with blue-green fleshy leaves tipped with a sharp point. Will need some protection from frost when young but in well drained soil and a sunny position it will withstand cold temperatures when mature.
This plant is happy on a sunny patio or terrace. Perhaps the ultimate exotic plant to own. A succulent with basal rosettes of spreading, lance-shaped, spine-tipped and spine-margined, grey-green leaves. Clusters of yellowish green flowers.
- Eventual Size:1m - 1. 5m (Height) x 1m - 1. 5m (Spread).
- Position:Full sun.
- Soil:Any well-drained soil.
- Foliage Colour:Blue, grey-green.
- Flower:Greenish-yellow (produced only by old plants).
- Hardiness: Tolerant of low temperatures, but not surviving being frozen (1 to 5)
- Common Names:American aloe, century plant, Mexican soap plant, maguey