Cordyline australis, the Cabbage Palm is not actually a palm, but fits in well with them. It is one of the easiest exotic plants to grow. It is very tolerant of wind and coastal exposure and can reach heights of up to 5 metres in the right spot. When mature, it will produce large panicles of beautifully fragrant white flowers, after which it will branch, creating a striking, bushy crown.
- Position: full sun to partial shade tolerant of salt and wind
- Soil: all soils, but avoid waterlogged areas drought tolerant once established
- Eventual Size: up to 5 metres in height
- Habit: single trunk, with long, strap-like leaves and white flowers
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Common Names: Torbay or Cabbage Palm
There are no special care requirements for Cordyline australisi but please follow this link to the general care page for hardy palms
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.