Cordyline australis, the Cabbage Palm is not actually a palm, but it's a good fit with them. It is one of the easiest exotic plants to grow and 'Torbay Dazzler' is a particularly striking variety with green and cream stripes. It is very tolerant of wind and coastal exposure and in a mild garden can grow into a small tree. 'Torbay Dazzler' is an excellent plant for containers or in mixed borders. It lends itself well to exotic planting schemes and makes a bold statement with the variegated, strap-like foliage.
- Position: Full sun to partial shade tolerant of salt and wind
- Soil: All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas drought tolerant once established
- Foliage Colour: Yellow and green variegated leaves
- Eventual Height: 2.5m - 4m (10-20 years)
- Eventual Spread: 1m - 1.5m (10-20 years)
- Hardiness: Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK (-5 to 1)
- Common names: Cabbage Palm 'Torbay Dazzler', Variegated Cabbage Palm Tree
There are no special care requirements for Cordyline australis 'Torbay Dazzler' but please follow this link to the general care page for hardy palms
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Jade on 21 Mar 2018
Lovely plant , arrived promptly in perfect condition.