Fargesia nitida ‘Volcano’ is a magnificent, non invasive bamboo. This new introduction has fantastic red black canes and dense foliage. Volcano is a good choice of bamboo for a container or can be planted directly into the ground.
Creates a superb specimen on its own, having a very graceful appearance, or can be used for an evergreen screen, height 2m, clump can reach 1.5m wide after 5 – 10 years. Grows well in semi shade and away from strong wind.
- Eventual Size:Up to 1. 5 to 2 meters, but can be pruned.
- Position:Shade to part shade out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Habit:Fountain/overhanging, drooping almost spherical (like an erupting volcano), Clump forming/Non-invasive.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Hardyness:Hardy down to -20/-25°C.
- Hybrid:Fargesia nitida 'Gansu' x Fargesia nitida 5
- Botanical name:Fargesia nitida 'Volcano'
- Other names:Red Fountain Bamboo, Spherical garden bamboo