Acacia dealbata is a beautiful little evergreen tree from Australia commonly known as Silver Wattle with fearny, feathery blue-green foliage. The attractive leaves form a perfect backdrop for the abundance of fluffy yellow flowers which will provide a spectacular display during spring with delicous, sweet marzipane like fragrance. Ideal in milder gardens where it will enjoy a sunny position in free draining soil. Growth can be vigourous especially when young which is why we recommend gentle pruning throughout summer to early autumn. Acacia dealbata like most forms of mimosa are best shaped this way as they resent heavy pruning especially during winter months.
- Position:Full sun, sheltered out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Eventual Size:Up to 5 metres, but can be pruned.
- Habit:Fast growing, evergreen with open frothy habit.
- Hardyness:Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK (-5 to 1) .
- Common Names:Mimosa, Silver wattle and Blue wattle