Also known as ‘Bihou’, or ‘Golden Bark Japanese Maple’, a rare form with stunning gold bark that lights up all year round. The leaves emerge salmon pink in spring then turn yellow green before turning a gold butter yellow in the autumn before giving a wonderful frame of yellow bark for the winter – a truly beautiful Japanese maple. Plant in a sheltered spot away from cold winds in fertile, free draining soil.
- Position:Full sun to part shade out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Eventual Size:2 to 3 metres, but can be pruned.
- Habit:Upright bushy, deciduous gold bark.
- Common Names:Japanese maple 'Bi Hoo', Acer Bihou' and 'Golden Bark Japanese Maple'.