A fantastic Aloe closely related to Aloe vera which is proven to be hardy down to at least -10 degrees centigrade. Aloe striatula grows fairly quickly into an architectural multi-stemmed specimen around 1 metre in height and spread. Site in a sunny position in well-drained soil (or pot) to ensure good growth and flowering. It has tall candle-like yellow/orange flowers in mid summer. Very easy to grow and look after.
- Position: full sun tolerant of windy and coastal positions
- Soil: all free-draining soils,
- Eventual Size: up to 1 metre, but can be pruned
- Habit: Slightly Spreading
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Common Names; Hardy Aloe vera
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
No reviews yet.