Fargesia robusta ‘Campbell’ is one of the most Upright Bamboos, with lovely dull green straight canes, also this Fargesia Bamboo is better suited for a sunny location in the garden, it makes an excellent hedge, with a slightly smaller leave than straight robusta. The emerging culms are a startling green and show up well against the white culm sheaths in the spring. This bamboo will reach up to 3.5 to 4 metres in height and is a well behaved Clump Forming Bamboo which will not mind growing in a shady spot either. Quite rare, but very desirable!
- Eventual Size:Up to 4 metres, but can be pruned.
- Position:Shade to sun; out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Cane/Culm Colour:Dull green canes.
- Habit:Upright/Clump forming/Non-invasive.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas; very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Common Names:Campbell Bambo, Robusta bamboo
- Hardiness:Fully hardy
- Uses:Screening Bamboo, Hedging Bamboo
- Common Names:Robusta bamboo