Cycas revoluta is a beautiful slow growing palm-like tree. Produces a solitary trunk, which after many years can reach 2m. Much prized as an exotic container plant in which it will grow quite happily given adequate water nutrients.
Tolerant of low light can be kept as a house plant in a conservatory or outside during the summer. Is capable of tolerating medium to heavy frost.
- Eventual Height:Up to 2m.
- Eventual Spread:Up to 1m.
- Position:Full sun to partial shade, out of strong winds/sheltered.
- Foliage:Evergreen, Arching pinnate leaves.
- Habit:Slow-growing, palm-like evergreen perennial.
- Soil:Moist but well-drained.
- Synonym:Cycas miquelii, Cycas sexseminifera
- Common Names:Japanese sago palm, cycad
- Hardyness:Tolerant of low temperatures, will not survive frosts