Washingtonia robusta, the Skyduster Palm, is a fast-growing palm from the USA with a thick, reddish trunk and big, beautiful, dark green leaves. It is not particularly hardy and so will need to be wrapped in colder areas or taken inside for the winter.
However, it is a fast-growing palm, so you won’t be waiting years for results!
- Position:Full sun and a sheltered position should be wrapped in colder areas.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas drought tolerant once established.
- Eventual Size:Up to 5 metres in height.
- Habit:Fast growing palm with a reddish trunk and big fan leaves.
- Common Names:Skyduster Palm.