Acacia dealbata, Mimosa, is a beautiful small evergreen tree from Australia. Covered with masses of grey-green fern-like foliage which is topped by fluffy yellow fragrant flowers in early spring. It is best grown in milder gardens in a sunny position and free-draining soil. Very fast growing once established and ideal for the exotic garden or Mediterranean garden.
- Position: full sun, sheltered out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds
- Soil: all soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering
- Eventual Size: up to 5 metres, but can be pruned
- Habit: fast growing, evergreen with open frothy habit
- Foliage: evergreen
- Hardyness: Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK (-5 to 1)
- Common Names: Mimosa, Silver wattle and Blue wattle
*Tree will need to be pruned to 200cm to be able to send out via courier
Prefers acid to neutral soil in a sheltered sunny spot. If planting in limey soil add iron sequestrene to keep foliage grey. New growth can be more easily damaged by cold weather so protection with fleece of small plants is advisable if weather conditions turn bad. Prefer not to be pruned, trim after flowering if needed.
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
Frank on 19 Mar 2018
Thank you for the excellent plant which arrived yesterday after you safely stored it for us after ordering in January. It arrived at the appointed time and we examined it before signing the delivery note, being delighted at what we found. It is now (still) safely stored in our amp39Potting Zoneamp39 whilst the snow gently falls on this morningamp39s frozen landscape.
Kieran on 12 May 2017
Fast delivery, so far so good.
Trish on 28 Jan 2017
Great addition to my garden, Arrived two days after purchase, very pleased.