Ginkgo biloba ‘Tubifolia’ is a fascinating shrubby tree, with thin, twiggy growth. This forms two distinct types of foliage: on mature wood the leaf is fused to resemble a small green trumpet while the younger wood produces a classic Ginkgo leaf but with a more jagged outline.
As the tree matures, the majority of the foliage will be trumpet shaped. Very unusual and highly sought after.
- Position:Full sun to full shade out of cold, drying winds - especially coastal winds.
- Soil:All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas very dry soils will need extra watering.
- Eventual Size:Up to 2 metres.
- Habit:Deciduous, open and shrubby dark green leaves turning yellow before falling.
- Foliage:Deciduous, open and shrubby dark green leaves turning yellow before falling.