Cordyline australis, the Cabbage Palm is not actually a palm, but fits in well with them. It is one of the easiest exotic plants to grow. It is very tolerant of wind and coastal exposure and can reach heights of up to 5 metres in the right spot. When mature, it will produce large panicles of beautifully fragrant white flowers, after which it will branch, creating a striking, bushy crown.
- Eventual Size: Up to 5 metres in height
- Position: Full sun to partial shade tolerant of salt and wind
- Foliage: Evergreen, long sword-shaped green leaves
- Habit: Single trunk, with long, strap-like leaves and white flowers
- Soil: All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas drought tolerant once established
- Hardiness: Hardy in coastal and relatively mild parts of the UK (-5 to 1)
- Common Names: Common names: Cabbage Palm, Cabbage Tree
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
David on 5 Jun 2018
very nice specimens -transaction hasslefree and cheap.
Mike_Batts on 19 Sep 2016
Thank you for sending us the photos so we could choose our Cordyline, we have been very impressed with your service and nursery as a whole and will not hesitate to recommend Big Plant Nursery to all our friends and family.
Jones.M on 19 Sep 2016
Pleasure doing business with you, well protected