A compact species of our well known Chusan palm. 'Waggies' differ by having much smaller and compact leaves that are stiffer and more wind tolerant.They are just as hardy as their well known cousins and offer an interesting alternative as an upright single trunked palm. Best planted in fertile moisture retentive soil where it is tolerant of both sun and part shade.
- Eventual Size: Up to 4-5 metres in height, 2m spread
- Position: Full sun to full shade but out of strong winds
- Habit: Hairy brown trunk topped with dark green fan leaves
- Soil: All soils, but avoid waterlogged areas drought tolerant once established
- Common Names: Dwarf Chusan Palm and Waggy
QUESTION & ANSWER
No Questions Yet
S.H on 25 Aug 2016
Don on 7 Jun 2016
Lovely little compact version to go with my larger fortunei - Looks great, many thanks again! Don
Lillian Belcher on 23 May 2016
Superb quality palm, very efficient transaction throughout and very pleased with the service I received, would use this company again.